Wednesday, April 29, 2009

i want the world to know


since really the only one i know of who reads this blog is my cousin: alissa - this one is for you. go buy this album. it is my soul right now and since i got it. i love love love it. i've been listening to it straight for possibly one year mixed only in with harry potter books on tape. i can't get enough of those either. but that's another post. all the songs on it are exceptionally wonderful but this one is my favorite. its a cat singing to its owner.


the last part is this:

And I'll cater
with all the birds that I can kill.
Let their tiny feathers fill
disappointment.

Lie down;
lick the sorrow from your skin.
Scratch the terror and begin
to believe you're strong.

All you ever want to do is drink and watch TV,
and frankly that thing doesn't really interest me.

I swear I'm going to bite you hard and taste your tinny blood
if you don't stop the self-defeating lies you've been repeating
since the day you brought me home.

I know you're strong.



amen amen amen

No comments:

Post a Comment