Wednesday, October 14, 2009

don't give me that look

my patients on monday were full of spirit. i came back to see this elderly couple - she hasn't been controlling her blood sugars well. she's a diabetic. all she's been eating is fruit. only fruit. now in my world, this would cause my preceptor to go "LORD, CHILD! What is this woman doing to herself?!?" in my world, what is happening to her body is a big deal. i try to talk with her about what is going on. she says she is GOING to eat fruit.

keep it up.

a lot of times too i think people just don't know things so i always try to educate. when i am in a bad mood, this may come across as fear tactics. i'm basically like:
listen lady, don't you know you can't play around with your blood sugars. diabetes causes blindness, kidney failure, and amputations.... she just keeps saying, "SO?!? SO?!?!"


why am i in healthcare again?

1 comment: